Monday, February 21, 2011

With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility.

I will not give in.
I CANNOT give in.


Not me,
 as far as the feet are concerned :P


I spent nearly ONE YEAR trying to finally lose the baggage which made my weighing scale shake atleast twice before it could establish the correct measure. I almost succeeded too, you know. I was on the road to becoming healthy, finally, and I was at the best point I've ever known in my life.


Then I entered 10th grade. We didn't get much of a break after the end of 9th. We had to head into school the next week for our extra classes(which had only 1 plus side : 30 minute breaks <3 May they rest in peace.)


It didn't seem so bad, to be really honest. I mean really, huge amounts of portions, teachers breathing down our necks, a promise made to parents on a guaranteed 90% board average for this year. No pressure.


But yes, it was tons of fun, this past year. A lot has gone by, a lot has been missed on, and a lot more has been discovered. It's just been a really great time altogether. 


Missed by a big heart,
and a bigger stomach.
What WASN'T so great was the time I began to spend away from cycling and swimming and the gym and the time I began to spend ON books, sitting more often and standing a lot less.


It wasn't too worrisome in the beginning really, but, as the months flew by, Feb. 28th was getting closer, and my waistline wasn't getting any slimmer.


Especially this past month. I tried. I really did, to be active. But I just HAVEN'T been able to make my phone's daily reminder of "5:00 gym" happy. Sad phone, it's become. It must be bummed out that I don't listen to it anymore (though I do listen to it, practically speaking, whenever I'm talking to anyone! :P)


Today morning, when I woke up, I thought I wobbled a bit. Then I thought, enough is enough. I told myself, that even if I may not have time to do much physical activity, I WILL keep myself healthy by ONLY (h)eating healthy food at home, and cutting down on my quantities.


That is the promise I made to myself today and I intend on keeping it.


*pause for dramatic effect*




And I knew I could do it but--Oh, I'm sorry folks, I'm going to have to cut this post short. 
The bell just rang...
The Pizza Guy's here! :D
Crusty Pizza.
 Ironic if given
by Krusty the Clown?


What? Yeah, you heard me right. The Pizza Guy.
...Don't look at me like that.


Hey, from the time I made the promise to myself, till about the time I made the order a while back, I really did try my level best to keep the promise.


But then, you know, with promises like that, a GREAT deal of power's required.


And like good ol' Uncle Ben said, "With great power, comes great responsibility"


I guess I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility yet .. perhaps AFTER boards? :P


~





3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha soo cutee Adaa : )

Unknown said...

Are you retarded? :P
Otherwise you didn't blog, now during the month when you're supposed to study the most, you're blogging?
crazy man xD

Loving the blogposts (Y)

~ Yours till the blog goes on :)

Adarsh Sinha said...

Haha thanks Meghna :)

Weeeeeeell Parichay, facebook deactivation has given me a lot of free time :P I know I should be studying. And I do.

But i get random thoughts which i feel the need to blogify :P
Anyway, thanks ^_^
~Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaarsh.